I am a Marriage and Family Therapist, licensed by the Board of Behavioral Sciences in the state of California. I have been in private practice in Irvine for over 15 years, where I specialize in treating adults, couples and families dealing with a variety of mental health issues. For the past 6 years, I have also maintained a clinical position with Providence Mission Hospital in Laguna Beach, providing outpatient group therapy services to adults in a partial hospital program. There, I specialize in treating patients struggling with mood disorders, trauma, and maternal mental health issues.
I believe in working therapeutically from a place of compassionate and gentle directness. My clients know me as caring, empathetic, and effective. My goal is to help you author your story with hope, resilience, and meaning, in addition to empowering you to lean into vulnerability and uncertainty. I want to help you understand your pain and equip you with tools to feel relief. I utilize a CBT, ACT, & Gottman Couple’s Therapy approach that helps facilitate personal growth, self-esteem, connection, and confidence in expressing emotions and dealing with life’s stressors.
When I am not working, I am busy with my husband raising our 3 boys and running from one sporting activity to the next. To say I understand the busyness of parenting is an understatement. I am also a lover of fitness and take pride in my commitment to physical health.
My treatment focuses include:
- Maternal Mental Health (perinatal depression, anxiety, birth trauma)
- Couples Therapy
- Phase of life transitions
The only things I ask of you:
- Commit to showing up for yourself
- Understand that growth and healing can be incredibly challenging
- Be open and willing to accept what you cannot change
- Lean into vulnerability and know that I will challenge you to be brave and courageous in this space AND in your life
- University of California Santa Barbara, Bachelors of Science
- California State University Long Beach, Masters of Science with an emphasis in Marriage & Family Therapy
License, Certifications & Awards
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (MFC 44402)
- Certified Daring Way Facilitator™ 2019
- Specialized Training in Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders with Postpartum Support International, 2019
- Gottman Method Couples Level I & II Trained
- Gottman Bringing Home Baby Educator 2022